16 Key skills of a professional content writer
Today, we the people are going to discuss about 16 key skills of a professional content writer. It is not easy to become a writer but not much difficult too. To become a professional writer, he or she must be passionate first. Then they must have to develop some skills to stand out from the crowd and show your identity.
Below are some key skills of professional writer which anyone should develop so people can easily judge them with fraction of time.
1) Unique writing style: Yes, He should have unique writing style. Main thing every professional writer has to deal with is “excessive competition”. Space is full of contents now a days with a lot of professionals and standing out among them is a big deal. He should have his own skills to be on top.
2) Using wide vocabulary: In actual, it is an asset of any writer as per my opinion. You have to choose your words correctly while saying “Yes” or “No”. If you want to answer no then there are some words which gives positive assurance in your negative answer. Audience will keep these things in mind and will remain polite with you.
What you want to say (must be = to) What they are interested in
3) Confidence in writing: “Confidence” is the main thing in any action whether it is in writing or any other living things. It is not a thing which comes overnight by reading a book. For climbing such a mountain, you have to work with patience. This patience with lot of effort and a lot of falling down will improve your confidence day by day. Top writers have 1000 times experience of falling down so they reached on this platform with such ability.
4) Simple to understand language: It is very much important that person, who is reading your post, should understand your words easily. Simple and clever language will definitely force the reader to wait for your next blog.
5) Curiosity is best friend: It is a famous saying that curiosity is the mother of all invention. I also consider myself as one of the curious people. From my childhood, I am very curious about knowing new things to which I am unknown. This increase my etra knowledge which automatically adds potential in my writing skills. So anyone who wants to become a writer, must have to become curious first.
Professional content writer skills
6) Knowing the reader: This is also one of the skills in writer. Writing in the same way with thoughts of reader is the main thing. Again this required lot of experience. Participating in writing competitions, in debate also helps to read minds clearly. You can say this is type of trial and error method.
7) Writing exactly on required topic: It is more important to write exactly on topic what readers require. Lot of content writers wrote extra additive things to increase their content. So the reader sometimes find their blog irrelevant to their requirement.” Adding extra material to your content” is also one type of skill which content writer must learn. This extra material should be also related to the requirement so the reader will never get bored.
Become a professional content writer
8) Readability knowledge: Apart from good knowledge about “what to write”, equal and important thing is “how to write”. This requires good readability knowledge. Your content should feel good to read to readers. In other words, your content should impress readers like a love proposal of boy impress any girl. Lot of things decide readability which are i am discussing here.
- Number of words used in a single sentence should not be excessive (generally not above 20 words).
- Paragraph should not be big size.
- After some interval, put subheading to your blog which helps the reader to stay tuned with the main topic (Generally after 300 words).
- Add some images after some interval to the blog so readers will not get bored by reading.
- Do some main words bold or highlight so reader can easily get what you want to tell you.
- Give some reference to your content so he can get extra backup knowledge regarding your content.
- If you want to tell some points then it’s better to use a numbered list or bulleted list.
(Keep in mind these points to become a professional writer)
9) Write to enjoy: People love to read long stories till they are enjoying your content. The moment they come to know you are dragging the topic, they shift to another content. So it is always necessary to write with having knowledge, emotions, fun, spice and many more things.
10) Stick to single idea in one topic: It is also type of art to stay stable with the topic you are writing. For example right now we are discussing about key skills of a professional content writer. You should discuss your thoughts with different ideas but it must be for a single topic in one blog.
11) Be original and unique: Appreciation is the award for any writer. For being appreciated is not a single night thing. To become a successful writer anyone should be unique and original with his content. So readers will analyze you and appreciate you for writing original and creative things.
(Original post:16 Key skills of a professional content writer)
12) Add some questions and answers: It is also type of hack for a writer. It will help to drag out reader from boring stage and transfer to curious stage. Asking questions and providing immediate answer will help readers to stay engaged with your main topic. Sometimes people want to hear answers to their questions in mind.If your wrote question matches with his mind question then it is fruitful for both writer and reader. They will start loving each other for a while.
13) Connecting the dots: Again it is a big task for any writer to connect the dots. Connecting the dots between main subject and explanatory things you have written in your content. If in the next point I tell you how to propose a girl, then you might leave this page. But don’t worry, I will not do that.
14) Communicate by writing: This is also type of skill the writer must have. It means the writer should write in such a way that the reader should feel like communicating with content. It is the writer’s choice to add some value to your content by adding videos, images, gif, statistics, graphs, etc. Audio link or video link is also the best way to add value to your content.
(Become a professional content writer)
15) Do update your content whether necessary: Some things need to be updated when you write about them. Such as when you’re writing about technology or any other thing which is going to change after an interval. In such cases, do update to your content, so it will be beneficial for you.
16) Be constant: Whether you are a writer or practitioner or player, you have to be persistent to what you are doing. Patience is the main key for being persistent in any field. You will get bored and frustrated at some point while walking in the way. But stay at your way and keep running. If not possible keep walking. Even if not possible keep crawling. At last be constantly trying, then you will become successful.
You can also find images collection on our site.
Are you agree with the Key skills of a professional content writer written here? Please let us know in the comment section.